I modified the recipe from the link below. I have put an * by my modifications.
Recipe by Lizza Fuhr at PopSugar
4 large sweet potatoes – 4 cups
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup red-wine vinegar** I used mango rice vinegar because i was out of red
1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and quartered
2 teaspoons ground cumin – generous teaspoons
1 tablespoon grated orange zest – i used lemon, because I had lemons.
1/2 cup sliced scallion ** Omitted
1/2 cup minced fresh mint leaves
1 or 2 fresh minced chiles (jalapeño, Thai, serrano, or habanero), or to taste **I used two 3″ long serrano
1/4 cup raisins (optional) * omitted
1 container coconut greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into bite-size pieces. Put them on a baking sheet, drizzle with two tablespoons of the oil, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast, turning occasionally, until crisp and brown outside and just tender inside, about 30 minutes. Remove and keep on the pan until ready to dress.
- Make the dressing while the potatoes cook. Put the remaining six tablespoons of oil in a blender, along with the vinegar, bell pepper, cumin, and zest if you’re using it. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Purée until smooth.
- Modified: I used 4 tablespoons olive oil. I also blended the mint, chilies and yogurt with the other ingredients.
- Toss the warm potatoes with the dressing mixture. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- This is fairly spicy. I would use 1 pepper for a mild dressing. I am a wuss and can handle this fine but it has some heat. Which is supposed to be good for fat loss, so whatever. It’s tasty and filling and makes a nice side.
- In my version it 233 calories per 1 cup serving.